Real Life Spore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The public forum improvement project!

+5
Happy_Mask_Salesman
Morsecode
RLSForumMasterGand
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
fasteryet
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The public forum improvement project! - Page 3 Empty Re: The public forum improvement project!

Post  RLSForumMasterOmnivex Mon May 10, 2010 4:38 pm

kaploy9 wrote:
RLSForumMasterOmnivex wrote:
fasteryet wrote:
fasteryet wrote:
fasteryet wrote:Maybe now that sporedum is gone we can pick up were it left off.
What was Sporedum and what happened to it?
The sporedum was the most popular spore fansite. It ended because it's owners decided to stop paying for it I think. Anyways there's a thread about it on the sporeum.
Well we're not paying and ours still exists.
It usead a different forum server.
Oh could you post a link? Maybe we could draw the crowd.
I don't think you exactly know who you're dealing it. As far as I know, the Sporedum community was one built around the creation of mods and such for Spore. I had an account there, although I rarely used it. (similar to the Spore University thing..) They aren't too interested in art as far as I know. I believe Sporedum was the birthing grounds of such modifications as "BetterSpore" (mostly an overhaul of the gameplay), the ability to play as an Epic, and custom parts. (yes, custom parts. Like "groucho glasses" custom)

If we wanted a portion of those users here, they would need a good reason to come. Personally, I think they should just use the Sporum or something else instead, as this forum is art-based anyways.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At this point I thin we should be more than just the RLS forum and spread out from that. We will still be the RLS forum, but add other things to the mosh pot. This forum could be so much more than it currently is.
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
Admin
Admin

https://reallifespore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The public forum improvement project! - Page 3 Empty Re: The public forum improvement project!

Post  kaploy9 Mon May 10, 2010 8:56 pm

At this point I thin we should be more than just the RLS forum and spread out from that. We will still be the RLS forum, but add other things to the mosh pot. This forum could be so much more than it currently is.
Hmm, I see your point. But there are other forums that are already prepared for that sort of thing. (Sporehack, to name one, posted in Sporedum offering condolences and mod-hosting)

If anything, I am implying that we should build the basis of our community before branching out, that being "veiwing and using Spore as an art-tool". That way, if we ever wanted to go that way (if we get that far), we would have something to fall back on.

Also, the fact that our userbase is small/limited at the moment certainly puts a needle in the metaphorical balloon of such plans.. Neutral
kaploy9
kaploy9
Still That Guy
Still That Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  RLSForumMasterOmnivex Mon May 10, 2010 8:59 pm

kaploy9 wrote:
Hmm, I see your point. But there are other forums that are already prepared for that sort of thing. (Sporehack, to name one, posted in Sporedum offering condolences and mod-hosting)

If anything, I am implying that we should build the basis of our community before branching out, that being "veiwing and using Spore as an art-tool". That way, if we ever wanted to go that way (if we get that far), we would have something to fall back on.

Also, the fact that our userbase is small/limited at the moment certainly puts a needle in the metaphorical balloon of such plans.. Neutral
If we could find away of increasing userbase we could spread the forum out more than just what it is at the moment.
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RLSForumMasterOmnivex Tue May 11, 2010 11:56 pm

New ranks!
Rank name - minimum posts - Stars
Moderator - Special - 7
RLSpammer - Special - 7
RLS Police - Special - 7
That Guy - 11 - 0
Still That Guy - 51 - 0
Honorary RLS member - 101 - 1
Honorary RLS member lvl 2 - 251 - 1
Bronze RLS Member - 501 - 2
Bronze RLS Member lvl 2 - 751 - 2
Silver RLS Member - 1001 - 3
Silver RLS Member lvl 2 - 1501 - 3
Gold RLS Member - 2001 - 4
Gold RLS Member lvl 2 - 2501 - 4
Platinum RLS Member - 4001 - 5
Platinum RLS Member lvl 2 - 5001 - 5
Almighty RLS Member - 7501 - 6
I'm Practically an Admin! - 10001 - 7
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy_Mask_Salesman Wed May 12, 2010 4:52 am

Who would waste their life enough to get 10001 posts? Laughing
Happy_Mask_Salesman
Happy_Mask_Salesman
Honorary RLS member
Honorary RLS member

Back to top Go down

Post  RLSForumMasterOmnivex Wed May 12, 2010 7:49 am

Happy_Mask_Salesman wrote:Who would waste their life enough to get 10001 posts? Laughing
Np lifes.
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RLSForumMasterGand Wed May 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Happy_Mask_Salesman wrote:Who would waste their life enough to get 10001 posts? Laughing
Np lifes.
Like me.
RLSForumMasterGand
RLSForumMasterGand
Arf

Back to top Go down

Post  RLSForumMasterOmnivex Wed May 12, 2010 4:30 pm

RLSForumMasterGand wrote:
Np lifes.
Like me.
Did you like the ranks though. Theres also a special rank, but your just gonna need to find that yourself it only lasts one post though.
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RLSForumMasterGand Wed May 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Np lifes.
Like me.
Did you like the ranks though. Theres also a special rank, but your just gonna need to find that yourself it only lasts one post though.
"Yay Special Rank!"
RLSForumMasterGand
RLSForumMasterGand
Arf

Back to top Go down

Post  RLSForumMasterOmnivex Wed May 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Np lifes.
Like me.
"Yay Special Rank!"
Yup, but Don't tell them how many posts they need.
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kaploy9 Wed May 12, 2010 7:20 pm

Np lifes.
Like me.
"Yay Special Rank!"
I have my guesses.. Awesome
kaploy9
kaploy9
Still That Guy
Still That Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  RLSForumMasterOmnivex Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 pm

kaploy9 wrote:
Np lifes.
Like me.
"Yay Special Rank!"
What's the guess?
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kaploy9 Thu May 13, 2010 9:54 pm

kaploy9 wrote:
Np lifes.
Like me.
"Yay Special Rank!"
What's the guess?
If I was allowed to use both of my guesses, I would have a 2/9987th chance, or a 1/4993.5th chance of getting it right. But, if I don't guess and wait to check my first guess, I will have a 1/9986th's chance, which is mathmatically better.

...Wait, I think I mixed something up.. *re-reads formulas* scratch
kaploy9
kaploy9
Still That Guy
Still That Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  RLSForumMasterOmnivex Thu May 13, 2010 9:55 pm

kaploy9 wrote:
kaploy9 wrote:
Np lifes.
Like me.
"Yay Special Rank!"
What's the guess?
If I was allowed to use both of my guesses, I would have a 2/9987th chance, or a 1/4993.5th chance of getting it right. But, if I don't guess and wait to check my first guess, I will have a 1/9986th's chance, which is mathmatically better.

...Wait, I think I mixed something up.. *re-reads formulas* scratch
Theres a formula?
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Minnin15 Fri May 14, 2010 10:39 pm

kaploy9 wrote:Personally, I think we need a section for "Forum Games". (if you don't know what those are, I suggest that you do some research)

HeyitsDavid@ Hey man, some of my buds happen to be from the Land under US. No, wait, they're from Guatemala... scratch

Either way, I don't think this is the right place for "racist" comments.

You are exactly right, all racist posts go in The Quarantine
Minnin15
Minnin15

Location : Wherever I am at the moment... The world will never know.

http://fat-upload.com, drphail.tk, comouter-wiz.org, illegaldoma

Back to top Go down

Post  RLSForumMasterGand Sat May 15, 2010 7:37 am

RLSForumMasterMinnin15 wrote:
kaploy9 wrote:Personally, I think we need a section for "Forum Games". (if you don't know what those are, I suggest that you do some research)

HeyitsDavid@ Hey man, some of my buds happen to be from the Land under US. No, wait, they're from Guatemala... scratch

Either way, I don't think this is the right place for "racist" comments.

You are exactly right, all racist posts go in The Quarantine
No. You realize that the Quarantine has standards too, right? Your topic got locked because it was racist.
RLSForumMasterGand
RLSForumMasterGand
Arf

Back to top Go down

Post  Happy_Mask_Salesman Sat May 15, 2010 9:33 am

You guys need to stop handing out Admin privileges to everyone, now there is a racist smilie in the chat box.
Happy_Mask_Salesman
Happy_Mask_Salesman
Honorary RLS member
Honorary RLS member

Back to top Go down

Post  RLSForumMasterGand Sat May 15, 2010 9:59 am

Happy_Mask_Salesman wrote:You guys need to stop handing out Admin privileges to everyone, now there is a racist smilie in the chat box.
*looks*

And with that, I releave RLSForumMasterMinnin15 of his privileges. From now on you will be known as just Minnin15. And I shall delete the smilie.
RLSForumMasterGand
RLSForumMasterGand
Arf

Back to top Go down

Post  kaploy9 Sun May 16, 2010 9:35 pm

Happy_Mask_Salesman wrote:You guys need to stop handing out Admin privileges to everyone, now there is a racist smilie in the chat box.
*looks*

And with that, I releave RLSForumMasterMinnin15 of his privileges. From now on you will be known as just Minnin15. And I shall delete the smilie.
Wait, what would compel you do freely give out such abilities in the first place? Or was this a certified RLS member?
kaploy9
kaploy9
Still That Guy
Still That Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  RLSForumMasterOmnivex Sun May 16, 2010 9:38 pm

kaploy9 wrote:
*looks*

Wait, what would compel you do freely give out such abilities in the first place? Or was this a certified RLS member?
He's ninja with a computer.
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
RLSForumMasterOmnivex
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3